I’m excited to share some of the progress I’ve made on my front yard this year. On top of adding a new roof, removing shutters and an old aluminum awning, I’ve done a tremendous amount of work in my gardens. Check it out:
Front Yard “Before” Photos:
This is the only true before shot I have of the front yard. The tree and weeds were even more overgrown than this when I moved in. The tree was supposed to be “weeping” – and needed major pruning.
Front Yard “Middle” Photos:
I relocated some of the rock that was covering the sideyard and moved it here to create a barrier. The rocks were so covered with weeds in the sideyard; it was a mess.
Front Yard “Now” Photos:
Flowers Added to the Front Garden this Year:
- 2 Sentimental Blue Balloon Flower / Platycodon grandiflorus
- 3 Early Sunrise Tickseed / Coreopsis grandiflora
- 2 Hosta Varieties
- 4 Double Blue Madness Petunia, Annual
- 2 White Vinca Pots / Catharanthus roseus, Annual
- Mexican Heather Pot / Cuphea hyssopifolia, Annual
- Mixed Variety Hanging Basket, AnnualEnjoyed shopping for flowers at the Clinton Bailey Farmer’s Market! I also got some beautiful flowers from Menne’s.
Existing Plants/Shrubs in Front Yard:
- Weeping Cherry Tree
- Variegated Shrub